No title associated11
Over 800 attendees are gathering at PBL World 2016 June 13-16, and it’s not only bigger but better than ever.
The location this year is still the Napa Valley, California, but at American Canyon High School, since we’ve outgrown the space at Napa New Tech High, where the event has been held since its beginning in 2012. We wish you could be here, but you can join us on this blog as your online home for PBL World during the event.
Look for a new post here each day of the event with updates and highlights, including a report on what our inspiring keynote speakers had to say.
We are livestreaming video of our guest speakers each day, and posting and archiving them at the bottom of this post. Here’s the schedule – remember all times are Pacific Daylight Time – and since this is a live event these times may not be exact, so please be patient if there’s a slight delay:
Livestreams on Monday, June 13:
- 12:45-2:30pm – short “PBL Talks” by Deep Dive session presenters:
- Gia Truong, CEO, Envision Education
- Aaron Brengard, Principal, Katherine Smith Elementary School
- Andrea Aust, Senior Manager, Science Education, KQED
- Jessica Wood, Project Manager, Expeditionary Learning
- Ken Kay, CEO, EdLeader21
- Megan Pacheco, Chief Learning Officer, New Tech Network
- Miki Tomita, Director of the PVS Learning Center, Polynesian Voyaging Society
- 2:50-3:50pm – Deep Dive session “It’s a Project Based World” by Bob Lenz, Executive Director, Buck Institute for Education
Livestream on Tuesday, June 14:
- 8:30-9:20am – Keynote by Briana and Leona Das, students and founders of the Tribe Awesome Club
Livestream on Wednesday, June 15:
- 8:30-9:20am – Keynote by Ashanti Branch, teacher and founder of the Ever Forward Club
Livestream on Thursday, June 16:
- 3:15-3:50pm – Keynote by Stephen Ritz, teacher and founder of the Green Bronx Machine
To view or download this resource, log in here.