When you access the Services, we collect certain technical information in order to analyze the usage of Site and Services, as well as to provide a more personalized experience, manage advertising, and obtain information about our user base as a whole.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies. A persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiration date, unless deleted by the user before the expiration date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- Authentication: for our shopping cart, to remember users’ settings (e.g. language preference), for authentication.
- Status: to help us to determine if you are logged into our Site.
- Personalization: to store information about your preferences and to personalize the Site for you.
- Security: as an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our Site and Services generally.
- Analysis: to help us to analyze the use and performance of our Site and Services.
II. Cookies used by our service providers
We use Google Analytics to analyze the use of our Site. Google Analytics gathers information about the Site use by means of cookies. The information gathered relating to our Site is used to create reports about the use of our Site.
III. Managing cookies
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version.
You can set your web browser to warn you about attempts to place cookies on your computer or device or limit the type of cookies you allow. If you disable cookies, you may lose some of the features and functionality of the Site.
Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites. If you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on our Site.